Data centers and server rooms are the heart of every institution in modern days. These are the most significant organs of all administration and all operations. If the data center or the server room collapses then the entire organization might get handicapped. In such cases, if you do not have continuation plan with a proper backup of data then you are more paralyzed than handicapped. You will be able to see what is happening to you but you will not be able to do anything about that. In cases like these, Vacker Africa will help you never fall in such difficult situations. To stop our valuable customers from falling into such nightmares, we come with a variety of data center and server room monitoring systems. So far, we have been serving well to our customer base in most of the major cities of Africa like Kenya, Djibouti, Tanzania, Chad, Angola, Libya, Algeria, Niger, Congo, South Africa, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Morocco, Nigeria, Ghana, Congo-Pacific, Zimbabwe, etc.
Needs of Data Center Monitoring and Server Room Monitoring
There are various features that are required for suitable environment monitoring for the data and server room. Some of them are discussed below:
- The data center monitoring system should be independent of the server system. If the server fails to reply in time, the alerts will be received on time by this feature.
- A battery backup is required in case of a power failure where the server room monitoring is conducted.
- Temperature feeler should be placed in several parts of the room mainly in the hot points. The sensors need to be kept in such a place where the place is hot and more sensitive.
- For a medium sized room that is used as the data center or a server room, one number temperature sensor will be perfect as the humidity spreads fast and it is not segmented as temperature.
- Power failure monitoring should be installed so that power failure alerts can also be generated as soon as power failure occurs.
- A smoke sensor should be linked with the server room as it lets you know whether a smoke is generated from the data center or not.
- Water leakage monitoring should be installed too. The water leakage monitoring is done with the help of a sensor rope which is laid out throughout the room and in case if the sensor comes in the contact with water, it generates an alert to the user.
- It is assumed that a cloud monitoring system should be kept for monitoring the parameters even if the user is outside the data center or server room.
- WIFI or WLAN should be perfect and fine so that the generated alerts can be received immediately.
Solutions by Vacker Africa for Environment Monitoring of Data Center and Server Room
We, Vacker Africa, are providing complete package for the data center or server room monitoring. Some of the sensors are their features are discussed as below:
- The temperature sensors that can be placed on the wall or in the data centers racks. Customized solutions are given depending upon the number of sensors.
- Humidity sensors are supposed to be placed on the wall. This should not be placed in a hot place as the humidity is supposed to be less and cannot give a correct reading.
- We supply water sensors of various lengths and widths as 5 meters, 10 meters, 20 meters that are generally based on the size of the room.
- The independent smoke sensor cannot connect us with the centralized smoke detection system.
- Power failure monitoring devices or sensors are also supplied that give an alert signal to the dialer that makes phone call alerts.