For a warehouse used for storage of sensitive goods, humidity is important. If you have to reduce humidity in a warehouse, you will need a Commercial dehumidifier. The problem might be severe especially if the area is temperature controlled.
Medicine warehouse, chemical warehouse, tobacco warehouse, cloth warehouse etc. are especially sensitive. Suppose the outside air is humid and the warehouse is at a lower temperature. In this case, condensation happens inside the warehouse. Thus warehouse attracts humidity from outside air. This increases humidity inside the area.
Points to consider when buying commercial dehumidifier
There are a number of points that you will need to consider before buying a commercial dehumidifier. First and foremost thing to know is the humidity to be maintained. This will depend on the items being stored. If you are not sure, you may have to ask the manufacturer of those goods.
Since a warehouse is a huge area, you will need commercial dehumidifier or industrial warehouse dehumidifier with good air flow rate. This has a higher capacity of extraction as well as operation. If air flow rate is low, the dehumidified air will not reach faraway places within the warehouse.
You have to consider the electrical power requirements of the selected model. There are different models 3 Phase, Single phase. Also, the power consumption has to be checked and make sure that you have provision.
Even if you are not highly technical, you can calculate the required capacity using our Online Humidity Calculation Sheet. We will assist you to select the capacity and types of the right commercial dehumidifier. We have wide range of refrigerants and desiccant large capacity dehumidifier.
How to select suitable industrial dehumidifier for warehouse?
Before buying a suitable industrial dehumidifier, please consider the following points.
- Size & volume of the warehouse is required to calculate the required capacity.
- Present humidity levels and the maximum possible humidity levels are required. You have to calculate based on the worst case scenarios. If you have recorded data of the warehouse in different climatic conditions, this will be worth to decide the worst case scenario of humidity.
- Required humidity levels that you need to maintain regularly. This will depend on the products being stored by you.
- Based on the above you can calculate the required dehumidification capacity and select accordingly.
- As a thumb rule, if the warehouse temperature is above 10°C, you should select a condensation type, large capacity dehumidifier. For temperature below 10°C, you may select a desiccant type, large capacity dehumidifier.
- Ask the supplier to provide their test reports for the suggested model, to ensure that their promised capacity can be achieved.
- Ask for the warranty offered by the manufacturer for the selected industrial dehumidifier.
- Check what the maintenance requirements are. You should select a model of an industrial dehumidifier with minimum maintenance requirements.
Applications of warehouse dehumidifiers
Warehouse Dehumidifiers are required for the following type of stored items.
- Medical warehouses where medicines and other medical equipment.
- Food, vegetables and fruit storage warehouses. For each type of item, you may need to maintain different humidity levels.
- Chocolate warehouse, sweets & dates warehouses.
- Cotton and clothes warehouses.
When to install a warehouse dehumidifier
Basically, no matter which brand or model of warehouse dehumidifier you buy, you need to do it even before the first sign of damages occurs due to damp and humidity surfaces in your warehouse.
The damp and moisture can result in malfunctioning of appliances or fungus in wall and carpet. It can also damage your newly manufactured items. Functionally warehouse dehumidifiers are same as a home dehumidifier. However, capacity of a warehouse dehumidifier is much higher.
Commercial dehumidifier model TTK 1500
This is a very high capacity model in the range of commercial dehumidifiers. This large capacity dehumidifier has a capacity of 400 liters per day. Also, this is a movable type having wheels for relocating if required. Technical specifications are explained below.
- The machine removes 220 liters of water per day when surrounding temperature are 30 °C and humidity is 80 % RH.
- The machine removes 100 liters of water per day when surrounding temperature are 20 °C and humidity is 60 % RH.
- Maximum capacity of dehumidification is 300 liters per day.
- Maximum air volume capacity is 2,200 cubic meter per hour.
- This dehumidifier is ideally suited for maximum area size of 340 m³. (This also depends on calculation)
- Type of cooling agent of the compressor is R-407C.
The machine can be operated in the following conditions.
- Minimum surrounding Temperature is 0 °C.
- Maximum surrounding Temperature is 40°C.
- Minimum surrounding humidity is 35 % RH.
- Maximum surrounding Humidity is 100 % RH.
Operating Electrical values of the machine are as below.
- Input Electrical voltage is 400 Volt AC, 3 Phase.
- Frequency is 50 Hz.
- Maximum power consumption is 2.7 kW.
- Nominal current consumption is 6.75 Ampere.